AKC Family Dog program is a comprehensive good manners program for all dogs. While participating in enjoyable activities that are fun for both dogs and people, dogs become well-socialized and develop a lifelong bond with their owners. All classes are 6 weeks and are completed in the community or at our location.
AKC STAR Puppy (only offered for in home training only)
Canine Good Citizen $140
Community Canine $140
Urban Canine Good Citizen $140
Tests ONLY, no 6 week class, $40
Virtual Home Manners
What is Virtual Home Manners?
Virtual Home Manners (VHM) is the answer when you want to train your dog at home. When you get a puppy or new adult dog, Virtual Home Manners can get you started on practical skills before you attend a training class.
The evaluation of a dog’s ability to perform ten home manners skills will be done by a video recording or via Zoom testing. Two levels of Home Manners will be offered – Virtual Home Manners Puppy (VHMP) and Virtual Home Manners Adult (VHMA). Dogs that pass the tests will be awarded these titles.
The Virtual Home Manners tests assess ten skills that well-mannered pet dogs need in the home setting. The skills relate to the dog owner having control over the dog, being able to walk the dog (which is one of the most frequently cited activities that owners want to do with their dogs) and developing a bond with the dog during playtime.
How does it work?
Your dog must have an AKC registration, PAL, or Canine Partners number prior to registering for this course. If your dog does not yet have a number you will need to apply for one at AKC.org
2. We will need all of your information as well as your dog's information to get you registered for the course.
3. You will be connected with your AKC evaluator, Raven Aydt via email. She will guide you through the training/titling process and answer any questions you my may have.
4. You will be provided with training information and/or videos of only the skills listed on the AKC Virtual Home Manners Checklist. If you are looking for in-depth training or behavioral help this is not the course for you. We do offer and encourage weekly Zoom meetings. This is a great time for you to ask any questions you may have and for us to see your progress. If you are struggling with teaching a behavior we can give you tips.
5. You will have 30 days to complete the course checklist, submit your videos, and send in the title application form, from the date of registration.
6. To register please email us.
*If the AKC title isn't important to you and choose not to enroll your dog into Canine Partners you are still eligible to take the class. You will only receive a certificate of completion from us and not from AKC. Cost remains at $50.*
Cost is $50
There is no refund if you do not complete or pass the course. Virtual training is done by the owner, at the owner's home, on their own time. It is the owner's responsibility to set aside at-least 20 minutes a day to train their dog and to contact trainer for help.